About Evergreen Metropolitan District
The Evergreen Metropolitan District handles administration and operations management for drinking water and wastewater for the Evergreen community. Our service area extends north to I-70, comes down through the Bergen Park area, Hiwan, the Ridge, Central Evergreen, as far south as Brooke Forest Rd., and just east of Meadow Dr. & Hiwan 74. The Kittredge community also receives water and sanitation service.
EMD Notice of Public Hearing To Consider An Increase In Water Service Drought Penalty Rates
On April 28, 2021 at 8:30 AM the Evergreen Metropolitan District Board of Directors will host a public hearing to consider an increase in water service drought penalty rates. This hearing will take place at the EMD administration office at 30920 Stagecoach Boulevard. For more information, please see the official public notice document here: EMD Notice of Public Hearing To Consider An Increase In Water Service Drought Penalty Rates
- Mark Davidson, President
- Mr. Davidson was born and raised in Evergreen, graduated from Evergreen High School and the University of Northern Colorado. Mr. Davidson is a former Chief of Evergreen Fire Rescue, as well as a 29-year volunteer firefighter. He has also served as Chairman of the Board of Evergreen Chamber of Commerce and has served on various other local boards. Mr. Davidson owns and manages Davidson Insurance Agency in the Evergreen area. Mr. Davidson was elected to the consolidated Evergreen Metropolitan District Board on May 4, 2004, and was most recently reelected May 3, 2016. Prior to his current election, Mr. Davidson served on the original Evergreen Metropolitan District Board since September of 1986.
- Jack D. Wolfe, Treasurer
- Mr. Wolfe was appointed to the Board as Treasurer on August 22, 2018. Mr. Wolfe has been an Evergreen resident since 1990. He lives in Evergreen with his wife of fifty-one years. He graduated from the University of Kentucky with a B.S. degree in Commerce and a M.A. degree in Business Administration and Management from Webster College. He joined the U.S. Navy in 1969 and remained on active duty as a Navy pilot until 1978. He retired from the Navy Reserves in 1993. He was a corporate pilot for Armco Steel Inc. from 1978 to 1985. He also was a pilot for United Airlines from 1985 to 2005 and retired in 2005.
- James Viellenave, Secretary
- Mr. Viellenave was appointed to the consolidated Evergreen Metropolitan District Board on September 30, 2009, and was most recently reelected May 8, 2018. Prior to his current appointment, Mr. Viellenave served on the consolidated Evergreen Metropolitan District Board from July 24, 2002 to May 2, 2006 and served on the original Evergreen Metropolitan District Board since April of 1998. Mr. Viellenave also served on the North Evergreen Metropolitan District Board from 1984 to 1993. Mr. Viellenave played an instrumental role in the formation of the Evergreen Central Metropolitan District and was a member of that Board from 1976 to 1979. Mr. Viellenave has lived in Evergreen since 1975.
- Joseph T. Frisk, Director
- Mr. Frisk was appointed to the Board as a Director on August 22, 2018. Mr. Frisk is a retired U.S. Army Colonel who served in a variety of positions within the U.S. and overseas as a military judge advocate. Following his military retirement, Mr. Frisk was employed with Outward Bound as the outreach coordinator of their military veteran’s program, and then served with the U.S. Department of State at the US Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq. He is a licensed attorney in good standing in New York State, Massachusetts, and various federal courts.
- John Ellis, Director
- Mr. Ellis was elected to the consolidated Evergreen Metropolitan District Board on May 2, 2006, and was most recently reelected May 8, 2018. Mr. Ellis, a born and raised Evergreen native, has served as a lifelong steward of the Evergreen waterways through his involvement in Scouting, Evergreen Trout Unlimited, and as a fly fishing guide and instructor. Mr. Ellis is passionate about his volunteer involvement with several local organizations that are responsible for and committed to the protection of Bear Creek to ensure high-quality water for all users. Mr. Ellis retired from Evergreen National Bank as Director of Community Relations in 2017 and serves on several Boards of Directors in the community.
Meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of every month starting at 8:30 am. The meetings are held at the EMD offices at 30920 Stagecoach Blvd, Evergreen CO 80439. These meetings are open to the public. For specifics please click the link below: